This website is provided by Doddle Parcel Services Limited.
1. Age requirements
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years old, please do not provide any personal information to us.
2. Information we may collect from you
2.1. We may collect and process the following information about you:
- 2.1.1. information that you provide when registering for our Service;
- 2.1.2. information that you provide in the course of using our Service, including information relating to Parcels you send through the Service, their contents and their recipients;
- 2.1.3. information that you publish on your user profile;
- 2.1.4. information that you authorise a third party (e.g. a social network such as Facebook) to share with us, such as your email address or other information that may identify you;
- 2.1.5. correspondence, or a record of it, if you should contact us;
- 2.1.6. surveys that you complete; and
- 2.1.7. statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns which does not identify you. This means information about your computer and your use of our Services, including (where available) your IP address, unique mobile device identifier (UDID), International Mobile Equipment ID (IMEI), Android ID, device MAC address, browser information, operating system, timestamps, the pages that you request, applications downloaded, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
3. How we use your information
3.1. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 3.1.1. to provide the Service;
- 3.1.2. to ensure that the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- 3.1.3. to identify you when you use the Service;
- 3.1.4. to answer your questions and improve the Service;
- 3.1.5. to notify you about changes to our Service;
- 3.1.6. to provide you with updates and other information about special offers and new features of our Service; and
- 3.1.7. for marketing purposes (including sending you promotional information about third parties) where you agree to this. If you change your mind about us processing your personal information for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How we share your information
4.1. We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- 4.1.1. for marketing purposes where you consent to this;
- 4.1.2. to other members of the Company's group of companies, our partners and service providers for the purpose of: managing or administering certain aspects of our Service, for analytics purposes and to help us develop new services;
- 4.1.3. to protect the rights, property or safety of us or other Service users;
- 4.1.4. where we are obliged, or permitted, to do so by applicable law, regulation or legal process; or
- 4.1.5. if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
4.2. We may pass aggregated information to third parties about how our users use our Service but this will not include information which could be used by them to identify you. In particular, we use Google Analytics. For further information on how Google uses data when you use our sites or apps, see the following www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, or any other URL Google may provide from time to time.
4.3. We may, from time to time, use Google tracking tools to track user behaviour over time and across third party sites to improve the effectiveness of our online advertising. We collect information about what ads users view and whether they click on the ads. We use this information to improve and customise our advertising.
5. Where we store your information
5.1. We take appropriate organisational and technical measures to protect your personal information that we hold. We limit access to your personal information to those who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information in order to carry out their jobs.
5.3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet (including via mobile applications which utilise the internet, such as the Doddle apps) is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Service and any transmission is at your own risk.
5.4. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to fulfill any of the services we provide or to comply with applicable legislation, regulatory requests and relevant orders from competent courts.
6.3. All of the major browsers offer tips and guidance for managing the cookies available on your browser. There are also lots of different third party browser plug-ins and extensions available which you can download to make it easier to see and control your cookies.
6.4. You can find out more about internet advertising by visiting the following websites: www.allaboutcookies.org, www.yourchoicesonline.eu, and www.networkadvertising.org. Some of these sites enable you to opt out of online behavioural advertising and other tracking cookies (in addition to the control settings on your browser).
We may from time to time use third party advertisers or sponsors on our Service. In the event that we do so we will not disclose identifiable information about individuals but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users. We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in London). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' and sponsors' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
9. Keeping your account secure
9.1. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and you are responsible for any misuse of such information. You must change your password on a regular basis and must not share your password with anyone.
9.2. You are solely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your account. Please ensure that you do not allow anyone else to access the Service in your name and sign off after you have finished accessing your account.
9.3. You are responsible for all orders, and for the accuracy of all information, sent via the internet using your user ID, password or any other personal identification used to identify you on the Service.
9.4. You will be liable to us for all orders or transactions placed by use of your user ID and password, even if such use might be wrongful. We will not be liable to you for any loss that you may incur as a result of misuse of your user ID and password, and we accept no liability resulting from its unauthorised use, whether fraudulent or otherwise.
10. Your rights
10.1. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will inform you, before collecting your personal information, if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms or registration pages we use to collect your information.
10.2. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
11. Access to information
11.1. You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with UK data protection laws. Any access request may be subject to a small administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you wish to request a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to us at Doddle Parcel Services Limited, 22 Manchester Square, London W1U 3PT.
11.2. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at the above address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will correct any information which we find to be incorrect.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are an essential part of how our site works. Some of these cookies are required by our site to enable you to transact whilst other cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience.
What types of cookies does Doddle use?
There are generally four categories of cookies: "Strictly Necessary". "Performance", "Functionality", and "Targeting". Doddle routinely uses only strictly necessary cookies on this Service. You can find out more about each cookie category below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember how you’re logged in, whether you chose to no longer see advertisements, whether you made an edit to an article on the Service while logged out, when you logged in or out, the state or history of Service tools you’ve used. These cookies also allow us to tailor the Service to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you’ve customized the Service in other ways, such as customizing the toolbars we offer in the right column of every page. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
Targeting Cookies. Doddle, our advertising partners or other third party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than Doddle. This information may be shared with organizations outside Doddle, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Service usage statistics and aggregate Service testing.
First and third party cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to Doddle, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our Service. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for Doddle, for example to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or "session" cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
How to control and delete cookies
If you want to delete cookies follow the instructions at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/clear-cookies-installed.html. Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Service and other parts of our Service may not work properly. You can find out more information cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as www.allaboutcookies.org.